How do I Join?
The joining process is as simple as completing the Membership Form and sending it to the Secretary, along with your membership subscription fee. Most members like to find out more first, so why not drop in to see us on a Wednesday night, or contact the New Members Secretary.
What are the Membership Benefits?
- The chance to meet local and experienced people who share the same passions and interests.
- The opportunity to use a well equipped hut at one of the UK’s premier climbing venues, in Snowdonia National Park.
- An annual New Members Weekend Meet
- All of the benefits offered by the British Mountaineering Council including third party liability insurance.
- 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoors and 20% discount weekends
- 10% instant discount on hardware, clothing and accessories at most outdoor shops in Snowdonia.
What is the Membership Fee?
We have an annual membership subscription, this includes a subscription to the British Mountaineering Council, who we are affiliated to. This gives you BMC liability insurance and the BMC magazine ‘Summit’ along with many additional benefits.
The annual subscription is £30 and is collected in January. We also offer a mid-year option from July for £15. For full-time students and the unemployed there is an annual fee of £12.50 to cover our costs.
Are there any requirements I must meet to join?
To join you must be at least 18 years of age. You must read, understand and sign a waiver form that includes the following participation statement from the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) that is endorsed by the BRMC.
“The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”
Are there any other costs?
The only additional cost is the fee for using the hut, which is £5 per member, per night. This helps with hut running and maintenance costs and is a reduced price for members.
Click here to request our Membership Form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org